Portfolio Links:
http://followbubble.com
http://www.adandypunk.com/#!squidinkings/ck0q
http://www.rudylamotte.com/#!portfolio-3d/c6yf
Questions:
Navigation / Focus:
Does the Design have a focal point? What is your first impression? How does the designer use color and layout to make the site appealing and engaging? What kind of navigation does the site use: main navigation, sub-navigation, drop-down menu, fly-out menus, image maps? Is the navigation clear? How many links are in the navigation? Are there too many?
Target Audience :
Who is the website's target audience? What is the theme or concept behind the site? Does the concept match the content? Do they reinforce each other? Is the site effective in engaging the audience?
Usability:
Is the website's interface and navigation intuitive and effective? Is the site coherent and consistent throughout? Does the website effectively use hierarchy to organize the content? Is the hierarchy helpful to navigate the content? Does the navigational structure allow the user to find content quickly and efficiently? Do interactive navigation and elements add or detract from the user experience?
Visual Communication:
Contrast (Examples: color to produce contrast, size contrast, focus or not in focus) Alignment (Examples: vertical, horizontal, justified, centred (passive alignment) Repetition (theme or elements from page to page, coherence to achieve a consistent theme. How much repetition and how much variety do you want?) Proximity (relationships between elements, between sub-heads and paragraphs or images and captions, grouping of images and elements)
For this the first blog above here is follow http://followbubble.com. The focal point to me in my opinion was the doodles around the website. They were very cute and simple. I like the simplicity and its refreshing compared to fancy blogs and the order for the blog. This made me feel that this blog was very free and creative. My first impression that this blog was it was artistic and simple. The drawings were nice and simple. The drawings make me want to look around and keeps me interested. The designer uses the color and layout to make this site appealing and engaging from highlighting the particular links on the page. The obvious link on this page would be the menu text in the color white or about us for example. The white stands out from the blue which indicates the viewer that its important in my opinion. The type of navigation that this website uses is drop down menu because after clicking on a particular link on the page, you will be guided to a new page of information and explore the website from different links. The number links in this website are eight. There is one for the home page, work, tools, about their website, the jobs available there, their blog and where to contact them. I think there are too many link for this website because in my opinion, I would mainly like to see the art work, their experience and where I can contact them rather then all the other information not needed.
The website's navigation isn't too effective to me because it took me a while to find the menu. I got distracted from all the pretty doodles and went directly to the links rather then finding the menu. The way you navigate on this blog is cool but I wouldn't say easy for a newcomer like me. . I don't think their website is very consistent when exploring this website because I got lost looking through their website. When exploring, I found that I was having a hard time and weren't alike transitions. I think the user would find their information efficiently depending if they find the menu link because its easy to gain access where you want to go but if you don't see the menu link at first, then it would be really difficult finding your way around the website. When exploring their website, I found it was quick at the least even though the navigation was difficult, it had good speed. I found that the interactive navigation was detracting in my opinion because all I wanted to see it the main point rather then just the appearance of the web portfolio.
For this website, I found that the website contrasted great with the different shades of blue and white. They were simple and effective. The website wasn't distracting and didn't have too much going crazy. The sizes were the appropriate proportion an took the whole web page. The appearance would make it very appealing for viewers in my opinions for people who like art like me. There is alignment in this blog and is very organized. After the home page of the blog, it very organized when finding the projects that they have done or when they explain what they do. I think the "Doodle" theme was pretty consistent because there would be doodles in every link I would go to. There would be at least one section of a cute doodle on the webpage as I looked through. The type of consistency of a theme in my webpage I would want at least one little part of the theme as the viewer would scroll and explore my web portfolio. I want to keep them interested and loving the appearance so they want to explore more. This whole website relates all together to the way that they are positioned to the font of the website. The reason that it relates to the theme because I think the appearance is meant to look simple, creative and artistic since this website is a digital and social media agency. It related to the theme for everything and the designer of the blog executed that very well in my opinion. The whole theme and appearance did and an amazing job.
I think that this web portfolio is intended for professionals looking for experienced art director and artist. The theme of this web page would be a mix of Gothic art to cute doodles of stick people and dark interesting art. I think the concept matches the design because the dark art from the maker of the web portfolio, mixes the dark art to their amazing props that they made contrasts well together. Very creative and probably my favorite out of the three web portfolios I chose. I find that the little stick people also reinforce with the dark punk theme because its simple and somehow represents his thoughts maybe in doodles? That's what i first thought about the doodles / stick people. I love how it incorporates drawings with a mix of clothing styles with amazing prop art this person made.
I think that the web face's interface and the navigation is very simple yet artistic to explore for this website in my opinion. Although there isn't too much designs, the simple little stick people and some of the font is unique! It makes it interesting to click around and i think its effective in my opinion. I find that website's hierarchy helps navigate the website. I find that its very simple and anyone can get through this web portfolio. I find that the interactive navigation adds to the user's experience because even though the style is simple, it helps add to the style of the web maker.
I find the focus of this web portfolio is the doodles in the background and the little stick men to show he creativity of the maker of the website. It also shows his character and his style in art which is quite interesting. The boxing style in the "ego" or home page, it contrasts with the font links and the drawings of his character. The font of the information from this website is small and easy to read. The alignment of this website is repetition. Its the same theme and background. There aren't too many changes and only different boxes or shapes when the web maker puts in information about the work or about themselves. There is already a lot of repetition and I don't think I would want anymore repetition for this website since its already okay the way it is and enough repetition. The relations between the elements and theme of this website is that their all gothic with a mix of freedom I get from it. I get the thought of freedom from the doodles of the creator and gothic from the background outfit the maker of the website had wore.

The last picture here is the website http://www.rudylamotte.com. I think the focal point in this web portfolio is unique logo of Rudy LaMotte. My first impression of this website was that it was very fancy and quite attractive. The website looks like some website of the future and very nice. The user used the black to cover the areas of the website and white to emphasize the important parts of the website like the logo and the owner of this website. This website uses main web navigation. Its very easy to get through and navigate through the multiple links. There are seven links and I thinks that's enough since the maker of this website is an environmental artists. The person needs to introduce and show all the different styles this person has to offer with their resume and contact information. I think there are enough links and not too many in my opinion because Rudy is showing all his styles and beautiful art he offers.
I don't think the navigation is too effective because it doesn't move but only disappears to the next link. Nothing to big and interesting that can catch the viewers attention. I think the only attention that would be grabbed from his website would be the visual but otherwise, it wouldn't be to interesting. The website is very consistent and doesn't lose its theme or visuals. Yes, this website uses hierarchy to organize this website. Its useful and very helpful navigating through the web portfolio. The navigational structure makes it very easy for anyone to look through this website. The interactive navigation adds to the futuristic feel to this website.
The colour white contrasts with the black and the colour white helps emphasize the important parts of the website and focuses. The alignment of this website is centered. There is a lot of repetition and could use some variety. The relations of the elements of the images for this website are all very simple yet organized and futuristic.

No comments:
Post a Comment